Home > FAQ


Can I get my damaged notes or coins replaced?

Customers can go to any branch of the Bank of Taiwan in order to apply for accidentally damaged notes and coins to be replaced under the “Standards for Redemption of Soiled or Mutilated Currency Notes and Coins Unfit for Circulation”.

If currency is damaged to the point that its authenticity cannot be verified (with the naked eye or by regular cash-operated machines), please fill out an application form at the Bank of Taiwan branch and make a request in writing to the Bureau of Investigation and the Mint for appraisal. If the currency is validated, you will be issued with certification.
  • FAQ
  • Contact Us
  • Site Map